My Areas of Specialty include:
- Play Therapy and Expressive Arts Therapy (learn more about Play Therapy here)
- Grief and Loss Counseling (e.g., loss of a spouse, parent, sibling, friend, grandparent, pet)
- Counseling related to a serious medical illness (e.g., neurological conditions, cancer)
- Serious or terminal illness in the family (e.g., cancer, dementia)
- Emotional challenges such as stress, anxiety, depression, and anger
- Self-esteem, Self-worth, and Identity concerns
- Common parenting concerns such as discipline, challenging behaviors, and improving communication in the family
I provide counseling and/or play therapy to:
- Children (ages 4 and up)
With all of my clients, we work together to identify your goals for therapy and to find the best
counseling approach for you. Some of the treatment approaches I utilize are Play Therapy, Cognitive
Behavioral Therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Expressive Arts, and Sandtray Therapy. With children under 10,
I utilize a variety of play therapy approaches to address treatment goals. With my child and teen
clients, I work closely with his or her parents to enhance strategies for working with the child or
teen at home and in the school environment. With adolescent and adult clients, I utilize what is
within the client’s comfort zone, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Sandtray therapy, and/or
Expressive Arts Therapy.
View information about my Rates and Insurance.
You can also read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Play Therapy - Learn more about Play Therapy and its role as an effective treatment strategy.
© Copyright 2017 Molly Chaffee Counseling and Play Therapy, All rights reserved. Various trademarks held by their respective owners.